Skip to main content

Oh, Wyoming.










Austin and I decided to go to a University of Wyoming Cowboys game because Austin is an avid fan, and I have never gotten to sit down and just watch a football game live. (I worked BYU Concessions but only got to catch snip-its.) The Cowboys were going to play USU which is in Logan, Utah --only 2.5 hours away. So we dressed up in our brown and yellow, and went for it! I burned a CD full of music, and we had a fun roadtrip. 2.5 hours isn't too bad when you're used to driving everywhere in Idaho! The Cowboys immediately scored a touch down, and then kicked a ball which was still live. They scored another touch down right then. We were going nuts.... until as Austin describes it on FB:
wyoming you officially had some huge problems. And by the way trying to run the same play over and over is not a good way at trying to score points. They figured out that you were going to throw to number 6 after the second time. And yet you tried it all night long.

And that is what Austin looked like as he saw his team get all blowed up. We left the end of the third quarter when it was 56-19. Sad, sad, day.

But! We got kettle corn, and enjoyed ourselves. We even ate at the IHOP we met at in Logan when we were living apart. It was a fun experience, and I played Smash Brothers on the Wii with Austin to cheer him up haha! (He was fine btw...)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

When Family Visits

This past weekend, we got to spend time with my lovely parents! Lance (my step-dad) and my mom came out to Rexburg to party po-dunk style with us haha! First we took them to R-Mountain which is actually a crater volcano :) Maybe you recognize it from the 4th of July adventures of Braustin? We had finals (so Austin and I look like train wrecks only getting 6 hours of sleep in the last three days...  haha!) Lance and mom were doing wonderful though, and were more energetic than us for sure!  Then we made some taffy, but what we didn't know was our candy thermometer we bought was broken in the first place. So it never rose past 150ºF despite it looking like it burned. Yeah. It ended up looking like an organ. And it also ate our black plastic spoon because it rose so high in temperature. It was molten lava! Belonged on R-Mountain that's for sure! We had Austin run back to the grocery store who sold us the defective thermometer, and ...

Call Me a SAHM in Training

Stay at Home Mom (SAHM)  Besides a medical leave and two maternity leaves, I’ve always been a full-time plus on call nurse mom. I am now almost two months into being a SAHM and I would have to still say I’m training! A lot of you have told me routine is so important, and I’ve been trying my darndest to do that. We do library time or errands in the morning, naptime and quiet time after lunch, and art and outdoor/indoor active  play until dad comes home! Some days it blows up in my face, much like what we’d call a s-tshow at work, haha! Except these are my monkeys and my circus! But mostly because I am learning and loving it, too. I struggle with anxiety and depression. Ever since I was little. My post-partum depression with R was so difficult. I am so lucky to have an incredible husband and health team that honestly kept me alive during that time. Luckily, I was treated prior to giving birth to A too because a) it was known I get PPD and b) it’s better and easier to tr...

Joyeux Noël

My Mom and Lance came out! Austin and I took it as an opportunity to cook the heck out of our kitchen for them! We got a white Christmas which was amazing. For two reasons: Mom and Lance are from California and so it was magical for them, and it could be our last white Christmas for a while! (A lot of schools are in the South.)  My mom's side of the family is very German so we celebrate Christmas Eve. We used to have minestrone soup, but everyone hated it. So... we turned to our California roots and make tortilla soup instead. As a kid, it always made sense that Christmas happened at night. All the pictures you saw of baby Jesus were at night with the star. My mom said when she was little, she just thought German kids were special haha! I made my mom and Lance some hardcase books, a snowglobe, and got them a ceramic ornament. Santa also surprised them in the morning with a stocking ;) My grandma Hofmann used to make these egg ornaments (she passed away in 19...