Skip to main content

Going All Out

I believe we have found the cat-dog of UPS trucks :) 

I think they pull the big guns out come Christmas time, there has
been one knock on the door after the other around here!


I made a tree skirt with my friend this Tuesday, and noticed a little theme with our tree --pearls! It's on the skirt I made, and the star :) 



We had tons of cheesecake filling left over from our Nacho Libre party, (Austin found a recipe with 32oz of cream cheese.... I'll let you do the guessing on how much filling we ended up having.) so I couldn't help myself. I made two more gluten free cheesecakes haha! 

For the recipe, click .:here:. Look under Gluten Free!



The fish (aka our fake childrens) felt a little left out so I window-markered
their tank and stuck a window-sticky snowflake too. They keep trying
to eat the window decorations... poor guys. 

The rest of the apartment got decked out as well! (Thank you Dollar Tree haha!)
Also, the Carmen side of my family has these knitted stockings Grandma Carmen made
while she was alive. They were for all the grandchildren, and my mother-in-law found a website that 
could make me one just like all the other Carmen grand-kids. It was pretty awesome to hang it next to Austin's this year :)

Last but not least, the break is really getting to me and Austin.... we spent last night
lounging and watching Boston Terrier youtube videos. I tell you what... We really wanted one, 
and now we reaaaallly want one after seeing this video. (We can't wait to move!)



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

When Family Visits

This past weekend, we got to spend time with my lovely parents! Lance (my step-dad) and my mom came out to Rexburg to party po-dunk style with us haha! First we took them to R-Mountain which is actually a crater volcano :) Maybe you recognize it from the 4th of July adventures of Braustin? We had finals (so Austin and I look like train wrecks only getting 6 hours of sleep in the last three days...  haha!) Lance and mom were doing wonderful though, and were more energetic than us for sure!  Then we made some taffy, but what we didn't know was our candy thermometer we bought was broken in the first place. So it never rose past 150ºF despite it looking like it burned. Yeah. It ended up looking like an organ. And it also ate our black plastic spoon because it rose so high in temperature. It was molten lava! Belonged on R-Mountain that's for sure! We had Austin run back to the grocery store who sold us the defective thermometer, and ...

Call Me a SAHM in Training

Stay at Home Mom (SAHM)  Besides a medical leave and two maternity leaves, I’ve always been a full-time plus on call nurse mom. I am now almost two months into being a SAHM and I would have to still say I’m training! A lot of you have told me routine is so important, and I’ve been trying my darndest to do that. We do library time or errands in the morning, naptime and quiet time after lunch, and art and outdoor/indoor active  play until dad comes home! Some days it blows up in my face, much like what we’d call a s-tshow at work, haha! Except these are my monkeys and my circus! But mostly because I am learning and loving it, too. I struggle with anxiety and depression. Ever since I was little. My post-partum depression with R was so difficult. I am so lucky to have an incredible husband and health team that honestly kept me alive during that time. Luckily, I was treated prior to giving birth to A too because a) it was known I get PPD and b) it’s better and easier to tr...

Joyeux Noël

My Mom and Lance came out! Austin and I took it as an opportunity to cook the heck out of our kitchen for them! We got a white Christmas which was amazing. For two reasons: Mom and Lance are from California and so it was magical for them, and it could be our last white Christmas for a while! (A lot of schools are in the South.)  My mom's side of the family is very German so we celebrate Christmas Eve. We used to have minestrone soup, but everyone hated it. So... we turned to our California roots and make tortilla soup instead. As a kid, it always made sense that Christmas happened at night. All the pictures you saw of baby Jesus were at night with the star. My mom said when she was little, she just thought German kids were special haha! I made my mom and Lance some hardcase books, a snowglobe, and got them a ceramic ornament. Santa also surprised them in the morning with a stocking ;) My grandma Hofmann used to make these egg ornaments (she passed away in 19...