Skip to main content

Year of the Horse

All is well and fine. Sometimes it's hard to tell you guys all the exciting things in our lives because... well... it's not that exciting haha!

Here's proof we're still alive:


It's been super cold and snowing tons, so the interior of our windows (again) look like this:


It's actually kind of easy to open up the books and study when that's how it is outside. Both of our computers crapped out on us, so we finally took the money we've been saving and bought this lovely mac desktop. Illustrations are going to be wonderful! And law school notes? Apparently they are, too:


We definitely have not stopped cooking, although McDonald's gives me free meals everyday now that I am a Crew Chief. But even still, look at this beautiful chicken Austin made!


This semester has already proven really difficult as I work full time, and am doing the EMT academy here, and finishing my last (difficult) nursing prereqs. My application goes in this month, so again, keep your prayers or fingers crossed. And toes this time. They said this will be the most nursing applications they will get, so the competition this semester is ... not in anyone's favor. So I am glad I am doing EMT because it's opened my eyes to something I may love just as much if things don't work out.

Austin has been the epitome of a law student. Wakes up early, goes to the school before classes to study, then doesn't come home till I come home at 9pm...

and actually we go to the gym till 10pm and bedtime. So I work daytime, school nighttime. Austin does school. All.The.Time.

It's all great things, but you can imagine how crazy it is! I might even be going to Oklahoma City to do my EMT clinicals, and I have to do emergency room and triage care here in Laramie. So excited!! Austin is looking for internships for this summer, and that might get really nuts. Just hope it's all worth it in the end!

Needless to say, we don't see each other :( Yup, sorry if I broke your newly married self's heart. Grad school and life is a ... yup. But man is it fun and chaotic and full of memories and learning. 

Just make sure you go on dates... We didn't do that last semester and it sucked. So this semester and I guess a "New Years Goal" that happened late... or maybe actually right on time (Year of the Horse today! And I am a Horse!) Dates Dates DATES.

Cheyenne happened yesterday, and it was glorious. Here's three of my favorite photos from the trip so I don't bombard you. Home, interstate, a fun characteristic photo. 





I'm loving this place and time. Crazy, but love it. Good things are happening and I've never felt so fulfilled. Happy year of the Horse. It's my year!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

When Family Visits

This past weekend, we got to spend time with my lovely parents! Lance (my step-dad) and my mom came out to Rexburg to party po-dunk style with us haha! First we took them to R-Mountain which is actually a crater volcano :) Maybe you recognize it from the 4th of July adventures of Braustin? We had finals (so Austin and I look like train wrecks only getting 6 hours of sleep in the last three days...  haha!) Lance and mom were doing wonderful though, and were more energetic than us for sure!  Then we made some taffy, but what we didn't know was our candy thermometer we bought was broken in the first place. So it never rose past 150ºF despite it looking like it burned. Yeah. It ended up looking like an organ. And it also ate our black plastic spoon because it rose so high in temperature. It was molten lava! Belonged on R-Mountain that's for sure! We had Austin run back to the grocery store who sold us the defective thermometer, and ...

Call Me a SAHM in Training

Stay at Home Mom (SAHM)  Besides a medical leave and two maternity leaves, I’ve always been a full-time plus on call nurse mom. I am now almost two months into being a SAHM and I would have to still say I’m training! A lot of you have told me routine is so important, and I’ve been trying my darndest to do that. We do library time or errands in the morning, naptime and quiet time after lunch, and art and outdoor/indoor active  play until dad comes home! Some days it blows up in my face, much like what we’d call a s-tshow at work, haha! Except these are my monkeys and my circus! But mostly because I am learning and loving it, too. I struggle with anxiety and depression. Ever since I was little. My post-partum depression with R was so difficult. I am so lucky to have an incredible husband and health team that honestly kept me alive during that time. Luckily, I was treated prior to giving birth to A too because a) it was known I get PPD and b) it’s better and easier to tr...

Joyeux Noël

My Mom and Lance came out! Austin and I took it as an opportunity to cook the heck out of our kitchen for them! We got a white Christmas which was amazing. For two reasons: Mom and Lance are from California and so it was magical for them, and it could be our last white Christmas for a while! (A lot of schools are in the South.)  My mom's side of the family is very German so we celebrate Christmas Eve. We used to have minestrone soup, but everyone hated it. So... we turned to our California roots and make tortilla soup instead. As a kid, it always made sense that Christmas happened at night. All the pictures you saw of baby Jesus were at night with the star. My mom said when she was little, she just thought German kids were special haha! I made my mom and Lance some hardcase books, a snowglobe, and got them a ceramic ornament. Santa also surprised them in the morning with a stocking ;) My grandma Hofmann used to make these egg ornaments (she passed away in 19...