Skip to main content

That's so Hipster!

Zut Alors!

We are officially hipsters! Austin has made it into Last Poet Standing at our school, and completed his second round last night! It was the first recitation of their own written poems and while there were a few fun and well-written poems... most were awkwardly painful and contained dead grandpas, wilting flowers, sweat and silent tears, and strange incomprehensible mumbling into the microphone.

30 were chosen, 20 are left! Among them was Austin! I am such a proud wifey. For reals though, I cannot do what he does, and he is finally sharing his talent. His was the only one that was not rhyming-sing-songy, and not free verse. In fact, it was a villanelle for all you smarties!

Outside of school, we are learning to be savers and self-sufficient for good old LDS food storage and prepardness skills! (We are still having a juice every day, and we will attest to how awesome it makes us feel getting all those nutrients in!) Austin got us signed up for Sam's Club with the collegiate annual fee ($25 dollars folks!). He basically described the strawberries down there as voluptuous and for the same price hahahaha! I am looking forward to this. Except not so much the diction.

The most awesome part is we are going to start a tupperware garden. I read tons of books about small-box gardening outside, and container veggie growing... and figured why not one of those giant tupperwares with the same dimension and sunlight and water and everything? If these veggies can grow in pots indoors why not a few in a giant tupperware? We even had a few little other things to grow.

We hope to be getting in a few weeks:

Tomatoes
Spinach
Habeneros,
Garden Beans,
Carrotts,
Oregano,
Basil,
Parsley,
Christmas Tree (haha I know, but truly!)
Daisies
More Tomatoes
Petunias!

Tune in for our adventures as we see if this suc-seeds HAHA!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

When Family Visits

This past weekend, we got to spend time with my lovely parents! Lance (my step-dad) and my mom came out to Rexburg to party po-dunk style with us haha! First we took them to R-Mountain which is actually a crater volcano :) Maybe you recognize it from the 4th of July adventures of Braustin? We had finals (so Austin and I look like train wrecks only getting 6 hours of sleep in the last three days...  haha!) Lance and mom were doing wonderful though, and were more energetic than us for sure!  Then we made some taffy, but what we didn't know was our candy thermometer we bought was broken in the first place. So it never rose past 150ºF despite it looking like it burned. Yeah. It ended up looking like an organ. And it also ate our black plastic spoon because it rose so high in temperature. It was molten lava! Belonged on R-Mountain that's for sure! We had Austin run back to the grocery store who sold us the defective thermometer, and ...

Call Me a SAHM in Training

Stay at Home Mom (SAHM)  Besides a medical leave and two maternity leaves, I’ve always been a full-time plus on call nurse mom. I am now almost two months into being a SAHM and I would have to still say I’m training! A lot of you have told me routine is so important, and I’ve been trying my darndest to do that. We do library time or errands in the morning, naptime and quiet time after lunch, and art and outdoor/indoor active  play until dad comes home! Some days it blows up in my face, much like what we’d call a s-tshow at work, haha! Except these are my monkeys and my circus! But mostly because I am learning and loving it, too. I struggle with anxiety and depression. Ever since I was little. My post-partum depression with R was so difficult. I am so lucky to have an incredible husband and health team that honestly kept me alive during that time. Luckily, I was treated prior to giving birth to A too because a) it was known I get PPD and b) it’s better and easier to tr...

Sunday Eats

Finals are upon us! Wish us luck!  So a little about life lately... or you can skip to the awesome food at the bottom lol. Well, we might need that luck especially cause I kicked a stool on accident in the print lab and broke two toes all crazy like. Then proceeded in my 12 hour no-break printing frenzy standing on them dang toes.... and sick.....lol! That's what I get for not wearing my brace. Good thing we are done with Insanity! That's right, you heard us! Done with Insanity, the 9 week program :D We both are going to take our pictures soon and post them! We are doing hip hop abs for the next two weeks as finals are happening (and it's less intense on my toes) then starting Insanity all over. Yes, we are insane thank you ;) We actually were kind of freaking out because this fall, we apply to law and nursing school! We finish in April, but will hear most likely in the winter where we will head out to.  I might wait to apply until Austin chooses a scho...