Skip to main content

Jacked-a-Lantern

The Winter already is coming in!
This, believe it or not, is the brightest it gets all day
for us from here on out until May/June. 



We've been keeping up on our meals, this recipe .:link:.
(Alaskan cod with chimichurri, sweet potato, and brown rice)


Whenever I get sad about Austin eating his own type of cookies...
I cope by just smelling them.


This week, Austin got his pumpkin finally! And there is definitely
a story to this one. We went Saturday to go get him one, and I spotted this
glorious beauty at Albertson's from the side of the road. But we had to go 
to Walmart first. When we got to Albertson's, it was gone :( So Austin picked
out another pumpkin. 

As we arrived at the checkout, another college student had snatched the pumpkin Austin wanted (that I spotted). Then we heard him ask, " I just want to know how
much this weighs, I have to ride my bike home and come back later to get it
because it's too heavy." We later found out that all pumpkins over 30lbs are the 
same price, and the pumpkin both he and Austin had were gigantic. 

So Austin looks at me, buys his pumpkin... then as we head out the door
he spots it placed down....

And does the good ol' switch out. 

Yes, Austin ruined a person's Halloween. 






Comments

  1. That picture of you with your face in the bowl is hysterical.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! Yeah We had a box of sugar cookies left in our food storage for holidays, and so Austin cooked them rather than buying snack-y things. And you know those are my favorites! I had to smell them haha!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

When Family Visits

This past weekend, we got to spend time with my lovely parents! Lance (my step-dad) and my mom came out to Rexburg to party po-dunk style with us haha! First we took them to R-Mountain which is actually a crater volcano :) Maybe you recognize it from the 4th of July adventures of Braustin? We had finals (so Austin and I look like train wrecks only getting 6 hours of sleep in the last three days...  haha!) Lance and mom were doing wonderful though, and were more energetic than us for sure!  Then we made some taffy, but what we didn't know was our candy thermometer we bought was broken in the first place. So it never rose past 150ºF despite it looking like it burned. Yeah. It ended up looking like an organ. And it also ate our black plastic spoon because it rose so high in temperature. It was molten lava! Belonged on R-Mountain that's for sure! We had Austin run back to the grocery store who sold us the defective thermometer, and ...

Call Me a SAHM in Training

Stay at Home Mom (SAHM)  Besides a medical leave and two maternity leaves, I’ve always been a full-time plus on call nurse mom. I am now almost two months into being a SAHM and I would have to still say I’m training! A lot of you have told me routine is so important, and I’ve been trying my darndest to do that. We do library time or errands in the morning, naptime and quiet time after lunch, and art and outdoor/indoor active  play until dad comes home! Some days it blows up in my face, much like what we’d call a s-tshow at work, haha! Except these are my monkeys and my circus! But mostly because I am learning and loving it, too. I struggle with anxiety and depression. Ever since I was little. My post-partum depression with R was so difficult. I am so lucky to have an incredible husband and health team that honestly kept me alive during that time. Luckily, I was treated prior to giving birth to A too because a) it was known I get PPD and b) it’s better and easier to tr...

Sunday Eats

Finals are upon us! Wish us luck!  So a little about life lately... or you can skip to the awesome food at the bottom lol. Well, we might need that luck especially cause I kicked a stool on accident in the print lab and broke two toes all crazy like. Then proceeded in my 12 hour no-break printing frenzy standing on them dang toes.... and sick.....lol! That's what I get for not wearing my brace. Good thing we are done with Insanity! That's right, you heard us! Done with Insanity, the 9 week program :D We both are going to take our pictures soon and post them! We are doing hip hop abs for the next two weeks as finals are happening (and it's less intense on my toes) then starting Insanity all over. Yes, we are insane thank you ;) We actually were kind of freaking out because this fall, we apply to law and nursing school! We finish in April, but will hear most likely in the winter where we will head out to.  I might wait to apply until Austin chooses a scho...