Skip to main content

We have a little announcement:

Friends and Family, we are keeping a separate illustrated blog about our adoption adventures, and life as two young married students.

.:link:.

We will have a feature in Braustin Nation with new posts from our story :)
We won't start our family for a while, but the process certainly is beginning
as we apply to graduate school and go through our first year.

We hope our illustrated story-blog will help other couples out there
who cannot have biological children.

We hope to share our life as a happy family of two,
and what happens as a little family, and when we do decide to adopt.

Background Story for those who do not know: Austin and I were informed by my doctor that it would be best not to have biological children due to my dystonia. It would be harmful to me, and the child has incredible statistics of getting it as well. Dystonia like mine also increases ten fold for the child. While every decision is very personal to each and every family about situations like this, we have made the decision to be a family of two until we feel right about thinking about kids, and via adoption.

Read the Post --Original Post from [the] ƒamily + ƒormula:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

When Family Visits

This past weekend, we got to spend time with my lovely parents! Lance (my step-dad) and my mom came out to Rexburg to party po-dunk style with us haha! First we took them to R-Mountain which is actually a crater volcano :) Maybe you recognize it from the 4th of July adventures of Braustin? We had finals (so Austin and I look like train wrecks only getting 6 hours of sleep in the last three days...  haha!) Lance and mom were doing wonderful though, and were more energetic than us for sure!  Then we made some taffy, but what we didn't know was our candy thermometer we bought was broken in the first place. So it never rose past 150ºF despite it looking like it burned. Yeah. It ended up looking like an organ. And it also ate our black plastic spoon because it rose so high in temperature. It was molten lava! Belonged on R-Mountain that's for sure! We had Austin run back to the grocery store who sold us the defective thermometer, and ...

Call Me a SAHM in Training

Stay at Home Mom (SAHM)  Besides a medical leave and two maternity leaves, I’ve always been a full-time plus on call nurse mom. I am now almost two months into being a SAHM and I would have to still say I’m training! A lot of you have told me routine is so important, and I’ve been trying my darndest to do that. We do library time or errands in the morning, naptime and quiet time after lunch, and art and outdoor/indoor active  play until dad comes home! Some days it blows up in my face, much like what we’d call a s-tshow at work, haha! Except these are my monkeys and my circus! But mostly because I am learning and loving it, too. I struggle with anxiety and depression. Ever since I was little. My post-partum depression with R was so difficult. I am so lucky to have an incredible husband and health team that honestly kept me alive during that time. Luckily, I was treated prior to giving birth to A too because a) it was known I get PPD and b) it’s better and easier to tr...

Sunday Eats

Finals are upon us! Wish us luck!  So a little about life lately... or you can skip to the awesome food at the bottom lol. Well, we might need that luck especially cause I kicked a stool on accident in the print lab and broke two toes all crazy like. Then proceeded in my 12 hour no-break printing frenzy standing on them dang toes.... and sick.....lol! That's what I get for not wearing my brace. Good thing we are done with Insanity! That's right, you heard us! Done with Insanity, the 9 week program :D We both are going to take our pictures soon and post them! We are doing hip hop abs for the next two weeks as finals are happening (and it's less intense on my toes) then starting Insanity all over. Yes, we are insane thank you ;) We actually were kind of freaking out because this fall, we apply to law and nursing school! We finish in April, but will hear most likely in the winter where we will head out to.  I might wait to apply until Austin chooses a scho...