Skip to main content

That February Holiday (No Not President's Day.)

We're not big valentine's people....
But it happens anyway.

And it happened on my 13 hour day.

So..... we made the most out of it and if you know us it was awesome ;)

After EITC (my CNA college) one day, I showed up to Carla's office all tired and busy and nasty in my scrubs... and she had all this beautiful paper out. It looked like a Wes Anderson scene and of course we discussed Wes Anderson with my friend Annie too haha! And soon we were all chatting and making valentines the old fashioned way. There is glory in the small things.

I told Austin not to do anything or I'd be really pissed. 
(That's how it went with my engagement ring too, I told him if he didn't get me a pearl I'd be pissed. And believe you me he almost got me a diamond because the easy price tag on the pearl made him nervous. Can I just say there's a lot said about that?)

Well. There was my favorite Rose he snuck in with a note <3

And in spirits of anti-valentine's gift, I gave Austin a gift. But it wasn't a valentine gift, it was his finished anniversary gift (a long-stitched leather book that I burned images on :) )











Comments

Popular posts from this blog

When Family Visits

This past weekend, we got to spend time with my lovely parents! Lance (my step-dad) and my mom came out to Rexburg to party po-dunk style with us haha! First we took them to R-Mountain which is actually a crater volcano :) Maybe you recognize it from the 4th of July adventures of Braustin? We had finals (so Austin and I look like train wrecks only getting 6 hours of sleep in the last three days...  haha!) Lance and mom were doing wonderful though, and were more energetic than us for sure!  Then we made some taffy, but what we didn't know was our candy thermometer we bought was broken in the first place. So it never rose past 150ºF despite it looking like it burned. Yeah. It ended up looking like an organ. And it also ate our black plastic spoon because it rose so high in temperature. It was molten lava! Belonged on R-Mountain that's for sure! We had Austin run back to the grocery store who sold us the defective thermometer, and ...

Call Me a SAHM in Training

Stay at Home Mom (SAHM)  Besides a medical leave and two maternity leaves, I’ve always been a full-time plus on call nurse mom. I am now almost two months into being a SAHM and I would have to still say I’m training! A lot of you have told me routine is so important, and I’ve been trying my darndest to do that. We do library time or errands in the morning, naptime and quiet time after lunch, and art and outdoor/indoor active  play until dad comes home! Some days it blows up in my face, much like what we’d call a s-tshow at work, haha! Except these are my monkeys and my circus! But mostly because I am learning and loving it, too. I struggle with anxiety and depression. Ever since I was little. My post-partum depression with R was so difficult. I am so lucky to have an incredible husband and health team that honestly kept me alive during that time. Luckily, I was treated prior to giving birth to A too because a) it was known I get PPD and b) it’s better and easier to tr...

Joyeux Noël

My Mom and Lance came out! Austin and I took it as an opportunity to cook the heck out of our kitchen for them! We got a white Christmas which was amazing. For two reasons: Mom and Lance are from California and so it was magical for them, and it could be our last white Christmas for a while! (A lot of schools are in the South.)  My mom's side of the family is very German so we celebrate Christmas Eve. We used to have minestrone soup, but everyone hated it. So... we turned to our California roots and make tortilla soup instead. As a kid, it always made sense that Christmas happened at night. All the pictures you saw of baby Jesus were at night with the star. My mom said when she was little, she just thought German kids were special haha! I made my mom and Lance some hardcase books, a snowglobe, and got them a ceramic ornament. Santa also surprised them in the morning with a stocking ;) My grandma Hofmann used to make these egg ornaments (she passed away in 19...